The reason that wood pellet grills and smokers win far more than their fair share of BBQ competitions is that the food simply tastes better when cooked over real wood. Propane has absolutely no taste, and the process of making briquettes destroys the flavor molecules in the wood they are made from. Our pellets are made from clean, kiln-dried sawdust, with the flavor molecules totally intact! And what could be easier than pushing a button – set it and forget it! Now you can “turn pro” in your own backyard.
In Grilling, Taste Rules…
FEATURES of the Green Mountain – why they are the best pellet grill.
- Digital Temperature Control: Adjustable temperature control in 5° increments from 150° – 500°. Automatically maintains the temperature and your desired temperature more accurately for better control of your cooking temperatures
- Efficient Firebox: The firebox had vertical grooves cut evenly on its sides so that the air “Whirlwinds” around the fire and gives much more complete combustion due to increased air circulation. This “cyclone” effect means more efficient pellet usage.
- Meat Probe*: It is STANDARD and all of GMG. This plugs into a jack via the control panel then inserts through as access hole on the side of the grill and into the meat. When used the internal temperature of the meat displays on the controller when the “FOOD” button is engaged.
* not standard on all Traeger Grills an many others.
- Thermal Sensor: Maintains a constant internal temperature year round with a GMG. Your grill will come equipped with an internal thermal sensor that reads the internal temperature 10 times per second. Then, the computer adjust the air and pellet flow to maintain a constant temperature inside the grill.
- Low-Pellet Alarm*: When the pellet level gets down toward the bottom of the hopper, the grill sounds an alarm to let you know so that you can have the uninterrupted grilling.
- Sense-Mate Dual Program Control*: Circuit board mounted sensor reads outside air temperature and sends computer program into “turbo” mode so that you won’t have to wait long for the grill to get up to temperature when it is very cold outside. Perfect for Northwest grilling.
- Peaked Lid*: The peaked lid lets you cook a turkey or a beer-can chicken without the cover touching it.